Tuesday, January 17, 2012

All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth

Will's first Christmas turned out to be really fun and special... Just like every Christmas! Ha ha! This one was really special because it was so fun to actually have a tiny baby with me through all of the festivities. Here at home we decorated the house with gingerbread. We made gingerbread Dinos and a very labor intensive ginger house. We didn't end up having any gingerbread cookie cutters (must have been lost in the move) so we had to go with Dinos.
The week before Christmas, Erik was finishing up finals while Will was cutting his first tooth. As good timing would have it, Will got his second tooth the day that we traveled to Oregon for our visit... What a plane ride... Will was such a trooper and Erik and I lived to tell the tale.
Had a lovely trip to Portland and got to do so many fun things. We went to Oaks Park to skate, I had a day out to make cards, we enjoyed quinoa twice, went to a Blazer game, and got to meet Cami and Courtney's boyfriends. What an eventful trip! I would have to say that my favorite part of Christmas at home is being around family. I am so lucky to have family that I love to be around. Living so far away has helped me to realize just how lucky I am in the family and in law department.
I'd say that Christmas was a success this year! I can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

  1. Your little family is a delight to your parents! We love the picture of Sir William and the footprint Valentine... it made our week so special! Thank you for being a joyful mother to William and a loveable wife to Erik.

    ReplyDelete