Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Shoes in Rock Canyon


Erik and I have been wanting to go snowshoeing for the longest time. We have always had something come up... until last Monday. We rented some snowshoes and went up into Rock Canyon. The view was beautiful and the entire day made me wish that I could be camping. A lot of it reminded me of when my dad would take me on backpacking trips when I lived back at home. I love the outdoors. We had so much fun in the mountains! We will miss them when we leave. Here are some of the best shots:




One of the best things about snowshoes is that you can walk on snow and it's as if you are practically weightless.






What a beautiful view...




This was the best view of the whole day!

4 comments:

  1. I love how the beautiful view is of Erik...did you plan that Kait??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE SNOWSHOEING--see my blog!!!!! You were a trooper. Sheesh! I love the outdoors too, though. I can't believe you did it pregnant--not that you couldn't--I just would have made that excuse to get out of it. Way to exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys went!!! Looks like fun!
    p.s. Kirs... I think you're spot on...

    ReplyDelete