Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Perfect Break: Part 2, A Defeated Fear


I don't know how many of you hate heights, but I'm not particularly fond of them as shown by my fixation in the somewhat upward sky. At the family reunion we were able to do something called the "Ropes Course". Let me tell you a little bit about what we got to do.




Climb! There was a whole lot of climbing. First Erik and I went up a twenty five foot log.



Next we moved from the Log to the rock wall which was quite frightening. There was a point when you had to reach around and grab onto the rock wall from a very awkward position.







Then there was the 15 foot rock wall and after that i was sooo pooped that i needed to take a quick break... Erik was faster at regaining his strength than I was.



Erik in the air! So high...





Kait on the Ropes. This was a good 40 feet in the air.







And then we came down!



Erik and I would have to agree that this was our favorite activity to do at the reunion. Erik has me figured out so well. He pointed out to me that somethings that scare me are often the things that I have the most fun with. He's right! Isn't stretching yourself to do things that you wouldn't normally do fun?!

No comments:

Post a Comment